Welcome to Selfpac3D!
Selfpac3D a one-stop portal providing self-paced learning resources to everything in the 3D world, including 3D modeling software, 3D scanning and 3D printing technologies.
Selfpac3D Training Course
Presentation Design with 3D CAD (SolidWorks)
About the Course:
Level: Secondary 3/4/5 (Grade 9-11) Age: 15-17
Presentation Design with 3D CAD (SolidWorks) is a course specially created for Secondary 3/4/5 students taking Design & Technology (D&T). This course is offered both as an online self-paced learning course, as well as an instructor-led training course. This course is designed to familiarize participants with the main design processes of their Design & Technology (D&T) coursework, that can be digitized with SolidWorks 3D CAD software. The Presentation Design with 3D CAD (SolidWorks) Course is a popular, “tried-and-tested” instructor-led training, that has equipped thousands of students with the relevant skills, to create compelling Presentation Boards, and Working Drawings for their Design & Technology (D&T) coursework.
Why should I take this course?
SolidWorks 3D design software is a widely adopted, and the best-in-class 3D computer aided design (CAD) software, that is used in design, engineering, research and education fields. The software’s ease-of-use, coupled with its powerful modeling and rendering capabilities, makes it an ideal tool of choice for students studying Design & Technology (D&T) at the secondary level.
The approach delivered through this course is designed to equip students with adequate skills to utilize SolidWorks 3D CAD software to complement manual operations (e.g. hand-drawn working drawings and marker rendering). This approach is proven to save time, and allow students to focus on their design.
Highlights of the course:
By taking this course, you get to participate in a blended learning experience, which features the following benefits:
- Self-paced learning (anytime, anywhere learning).
- 365-day access to course materials on course website via computer, smartphone and mobile devices.
- Blend of video instructions and hands-on practice exercises.
- Personal issue of a student handbook for each participating student.
- Provision of SolidWorks Student Trial Kit (STK) 60-day software to participate in self-paced learning.
- Learn on the latest version of the SolidWorks Education Edition AY2015-16 software.
Section 1: Introduction & Course Overvew
Section 2: Basic Part Modeling
Section 3: Intermediate Part Modeling
Section 4: Basic Assembly Modeling
Section 5: Advanced Assembly Modeling
Section 6: Creating 2D Working Drawings
Section 7: Creating Presentation Images
Section 8: Augmented Reality with eDrawings
Why am I going to get from this course?
- Over 40 lectures and 6 hours of content!
- Understand the SolidWorks User Interface (UI) and 3D Parametric Modeling
- Understand how to create 2D sketches, and fully define them with dimensions and sketch relations.
- Create multi-feature parts with Extruded and Fillet features.
- Create axissymetric parts with Revolved and Chamfer features.
- Create custom sketch planes.
- Create free-form geometry with Lofted features.
- Create model geometry with Swept features.
- Create repeatable and symmetrical models with Patterns and Mirror.
- Understand Bottom-Up Assembly process and constrain assembly components with mates.
- Evaluate assemblies and modify/edit designs.
- Create Exploded View of Assemblies.
- Understand angles of projection and 2D working drawings creation.
- Create assembly drawings with bill of materials, balloons, and exploded view.
- Create photorealistic presentation image, contextual image, and images incorporating human interaction.
- You need access to SolidWork Education Edition software (minimum SolidWorks 2014 version). The course is conducted in the SolidWorks 2015 version.
- PC with an internet connection to view the video lectures.
- For mobile learning, a Tablet of Smartphone with a supported web browser (Chrome, Safari).
- Full-time students and educators, may qualify for the SolidWorks Education/Student Edition software. Please get in touch and we will advise accordingly.
- Bulk pricing is available for qualified education institutions. Please contact us and we will provide you with more information.
- This course is also conducted as an instructor-led course. Contact us for more information.