Welcome to Selfpac3D!
Selfpac3D a one-stop portal providing self-paced learning resources to everything in the 3D world, including 3D modeling software, 3D scanning and 3D printing technologies.
Selfpac3D Training Course
Becoming a Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) for Beginners
About the Course:
Level: Post-secondary – Professional Development
Becoming a Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) for Beginners, is a self-paced learning course that introduces the fundamental skills in SolidWorks 3D design software. Participants of this course will learn core skills in creating part, assembly and drawing documents in SolidWorks. This course not only provides high quality content, taught by certified experts, it also leads into industry recognized certification, the Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) certification.
Why should I take this course?
SolidWorks 3D design software is a widely adopted, and the best-in-class 3D computer aided design (CAD) software, that is used in design, engineering, research and education fields. Whether you are an industry professional, wanting to become more productive in 3D design and manufacturing; or a student, who wants to pick up industry-relevant skills, and be more employable; or a hobbyist, who wants to realize your creative ideas for 3D printing and other prototyping technologies, this course, is for you.
This course not only provides tried and tested training methodology in 3D CAD/CAM/CAE technologies, it guides you in attaining an industry recognized certification – the Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA).
The Becoming a Certified Solidworks Associate for Beginners course, is originally, a 30-hour instructor led training programme, that has been converted into a self-paced learning course, with the objective of making it Affordable, Accessible, and Value-Adding to learners. This course is developed and taught by Chevy Kok, a Certified SolidWorks Instructor, who has directly trained and certified hundreds of students, in physical, instructor-led courses. You have the guarantee that you are learning from the best in the field!
Highlights of the course:
By taking this course, you get to participate in a blended learning experience, which features the following benefits:
- Self-paced learning (anytime, anywhere learning).
- Access course materials on course website, or via iOS and Android apps.
- Course is closed captioned (CC) for added clarity in delivery.
- Blend of video instructions, quiz questions, and hands-on practice exercises.
- Access to the Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) preparation course.
- Understand best practices from the best in 3D design.
- Learn on the latest version of the SolidWorks 2015 software.
- Periodic course updates with design projects.
Section 1: Introduction & Course Overvew
Section 2: Introduction to User Interface & 3D Parametric Modeling
Section 3: Introduction to Sketching
Section 4: Introduction to Basic Part Modeling with Extruded Features
Section 5: Introduction to Revolved Features
Section 6: Introduction to Swept & Lofted Features
Section 7: Introduction to Pattern & Mirror
Section 8: Bottom-Up Assembly Modeling
Section 9: Creating 2D Drawings
Section 10: Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) Preparation Course
Why am I going to get from this course?
- Over 40 lectures and 6 hours of content!
- Understand the SolidWorks User Interface (UI) and 3D Parametric Modeling
- Understand how to create 2D sketches, and fully define them with dimensions and sketch relations.
- Create multi-feature parts with Extruded and Fillet features.
- Create axissymetric parts with Revolved and Chamfer features.
- Create custom sketch planes.
- Create free-form geometry with Lofted features.
- Create model geometry with Swept features.
- Create repeatable and symmetrical models with Patterns and Mirror.
- Understand Bottom-Up Assembly process and constrain assembly components with mates.
- Evaluate assemblies and modify/edit designs.
- Create Exploded View of Assemblies.
- Understand angles of projection and 2D Drawings creation.
- Create different types of drawing views, and insert specialized annotations in detailing of drawings.
- Create assembly drawings with bill of materials, balloons, and assembly sections.
- Confidently attempt the Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) certification exam.
- You need access to SolidWork Standard, Professional or Premium software. The course is conducted in the SolidWorks 2015 version.
- PC with an internet connection to view the video lectures.
- For mobile learning, a Tablet of Smartphone with compatible web browser (Chrome & Safari).
- Full-time students and educators, may qualify for the SolidWorks Education Edition. Please get in touch and we will advise accordingly.
If you are looking to get your CSWA and would like a course to help you with your endeavor, then look no further. This course is for you! The instructor gives you step by step instruction and tells you exactly what to expect on your exam. Files are downloadable to help speed up your learning but he walks you through a lot of them to help you get the hang of drawing parts. The production quality was pretty good. The only thing I would say is that sometimes the words for the tools or in the Feature Manager Tree were a little blurry but other than that, the sound quality was great, the instructor knows his stuff and it was a great learning experience. If you’re serious about getting your CSWA, take this course!Amanda Osbun
It was a really good course with very clear explanations. Ideal for beginners. It would be better put downloadable parts for older version of SW also. But thumbs up!Vincze Tamás
Great Solidworks Intro
I had been using Solidworks for a few years when I took this course. My goal was to learn some techniques to make me faster and more productive.
I found that each of the sections in the lesson had one or two things that I didn’t know about and that will help me out.
Overall, I found the course to be well laid out, in a logical sequence. Chevy speaks in a measured way, and is obviously enthusiastic about Solidworks. The course is done professionally, and has high production values.
The only problem that I had was that I was unable to load the example files, due to the fact that they were created in Solidworks 2015 and I was using 2014. Many of the files used later in the lessons are created by the student in earlier lessons. Chevy mentioned that PFDs of the dimensioned parts were available for download, but I didn’t see any in the available files. The downloads are hooked to the lectures and can’t be downloaded all at once, so I may have missed them.
Thanks for a great course, Chevy!Martin Kennedy
VERY GOOD SOLIDWORKS COURSE
This course is very well organized. Instructor’s teaching style and quality of teaching is A plus. This six hour course will give you a clear understanding of SolidWorks software. It will definitely help for CSWA exam preparation. A little bit more example parts for the exam preparation will help. If possible some pdfs for the drawing content may be helpful. Many many thanks to MR. CHEVY KOK.Mohammed Ahasanul Karim
Useful for engineering students
This is a great course which teaches basic and intermediate level computer CAD drawing skills. I found the pace slow as i already learnt some basics CAD skills, but i believe beginners will find the pace just right. The duration of the lessons were kept to small, bite-sized chunks which i liked. One improvement would be useful is to have a speed control setting for the lectures to slow down/speed up the course.
Thanks Chevy!Sim Poh En Shawn
Fantastic Course, Really for Beginners.
The content of the course was very simply explained, with good video demonstrations to guide us through. There were corresponding files uploaded with the lectures, which we can download and mirror the lecturer’s actions! All techniques needed for the CSWA were taught in this relatively short and comprehensive course.Rahul Vinod
SolidWorks….on the go…as CSWA
I’m a student whom just completed my undergraduate course in IT. For me, any course must have a highly knowledgeable teacher who can motivate his or her student to excel. As such, the course instructor who is an expert in this field have put together a highly beneficial course who may want to take the CAD/CAM path as their carrier. I have learned a lot within a short period of time regarding SolidWorks. Also, the selfpac3d challenge is also a real motivator. I hope Mr. Kok will do the challenge frequently. I also would recommend this course to IT students like me.Kumaran Jeyasingam
Good and recommended Course
This is a well structured course. The teacher (Chevy kok) have a good skill in teaching Solid Works and you can see he enjoys teaching. I am very happy. Thanks.
-It is a highly recommended course –Joaquín
Outstanding course for beginners
Wanted to learn Solidworks for years and this was the perfect launching platform. Have already done some designs on my own, even advanced projects with information contained within this course. Thanks Chevy!Brad Heller
I enjoyed this course, very clear and easy to underststand, the tutor explains very useful topics!!!Gianluigi Alterio
Great Instructor!!! Great Course!!!
Extremely precise, detailed and to the point lectures. Very methodical. One of the best courses I have taken (if not the best)!!John Cameron
this course is covering every detail with clear explanation it’s very helpful and beneficialAWS SAADOON
Excellent course. Learned a lot.Carla Pulles